1. Keep Your Closet Fresh and Pest Free
- Cedar closet fresheners take up very little space and provide a forest fresh scent with insect protection
- Removes moisture from the air and clothes
- Garment Bags
- Always store your off season clothing in a garment bag
- Never transport your clothing without a garment bag
- Rotate the garments in your main closet according to season
3. Cleaning Your Suit
- Send your garments to a reputed cleaner only as needed
- Air out and spot clean garments with a damp cloth to get rid of stains and odours.
- Remember: dry-cleaning is a chemical process – whether or not it’s organic – and has an affect on the cloth of your suit!
4. Coat Brush
- Releases dirt and helps keep the integrity of the suit
- Regular brushing will get into the fabric without damaging it
- Pick a brush that is not too stiff or too soft, made by hand with natural bristles.
- Lint rollers pull out fibers and promote pilling and only pick up the surface dirt
5. Shoe Accessory Must-Haves
- Always use cedar shoe trees as they absorb moisture and odours
- Alternate your shoes so that they have a chance to decompress
- Have your shoes shined and leather conditioned regularly
- Never put your shoes on without a shoe horn
6. Quality Hangers
- Use specific hangers for your suits, pants and dress shirts.
- Suit Hangers should have wide shoulder pads to protect your jacket shoulders and a sturdy, thick trouser bar.
- Pant Hangers should keep your trousers in place and not falling off the hanger
- Shirt Hangers should prevent creasing and wrinkles . (Toss those wire hangers!)
- Click here to see our guide on how to choose the correct hangers.
7. Create the Ultimate Wardrobe
- Have an outfit for every occasion and season
- Contact us to learn more about how to build your ultimate wardrobe